Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A Weekend With Family

I spent this past weekend with family in Minnesota. I talked, and cooked, and just plain enjoyed time with mom. I attended the baptism of a great grand neice, and enjoyed a few hours with those who know Mike and I as Opa and Oma.

All the folks I encountered in Minnesota are sick and tired of winter; it has been a long and cold and snowy winter. Hopefully winter is on its way out and spring is just around the next corner... ah but basketball tournaments are coming and all Minnesotans know that means a blizzard.
Roads are snowy and some are slippery.
Picnics seem a long ways away!

But inside the churches and homes, it was warm and loving.
Arya Elizabeth was the center of attention at Saturday mass.



This "aunt" and her cousin checked out the back of the church once; but mostly their eyes were on Arya.


Lauren received a blessing for moms,

and Andrew received one for dads,

and then the baptism mass was over.
It was a beautiful ceremony; Baptism is the best gift any parent can give a child.
There was no sun shining on Sunday, but there was plenty of warmth inside with "the kids". I got a chance to meet our newest great grandchild, Aiden

and spend time with my favorite "ham", Amariah.

Am has become a photographer...

"Smile Grandpa".
And Chris has become a wonderful daddy. It was a pleasure for me to see his smiles when he looked at Aiden and to witness his gentleness with his son.



The Amariah that comforted,

and enjoyed her cousin (even when he got bored...)
later invited me to go bear hunting in the playroom,

then posed as a "fem fetale" and
a budding gymnist.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, there is something wonderful about moms and grandmas.




And this special mom is why I spent the weekend in Minnesota.

Thanks mom and all my family that made a cold winter weekend in Minnesota a warm memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home