Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer Home - Part II

It has been over a month since I wrote a blog entry and in that month, Mike and I have learned a little about a whole lot of things. 

I had no idea you could use a grinder to cut up a big ugly tub... good thing Mike did.


I had no idea our bay could be clear of ice one day and full of ice flows the next... but it was.



I had no idea an empty room could look so good...


especially when you compare it to the next room.  That cabinet over the counter is now gone - had no idea how cabinets were attached ... do now.


I don't ever recall wearing the same clothes for days in  a row - do now.  Oh and by the way, they are now in the garbage!


I've seen several sun rises - had no idea that time of the day was so beautiful.


I don't ever recall seeing frost on a toilet... Mike's plumbing skills have really improved - he is a master at tearing things apart and getting better at putting them back together.


Many of the days this past month have ended with us in these chairs enjoying the scenery and having a beer.


More loads of garbage have been taken out of the house than I thought possible...


I learned that if you want to paint a wall that has a nasty pattern on it, you have to use a blue gray primer - I really hate that color!


Mike installed this beautiful new wall-in shower and is confident the drain will actually work.


Soon the potty will go in and a wall will be built...


These nasty sinks are out - even the trash guy wouldn't take them...


The potatoes planted on Good Friday are doing well... have decided I may not have a garden this year - there is only so much time to get it all done...


This is one of my new favorite pictures of Mike - he checks out the lake every day.  That dock is now in as is the other one - Mike put his welder to work and it is almost as good as new - who knew he had all these skills...


I love my Sunburst kitchen!


Our house is slowly becoming our home...


Oh, we learned that we have to clean out the wood duck house... we watched one day as Mr and Mrs Woodduck checked this one out and quickly moved on down the lake - it was funny - just like a couple checking out an apartment...


Next year this one gets cleaned out and put up... before the water gets too high to do it.


We have gone to community garage sales and came away with treasures.  We've become well known at the local Home Depot and Menards.  Even the people at the lumber yard in town ask how it is going when we stop in for one more pail of "mud".  Oh yea, I have learned that Joint Compound is mud... and Mike has learned that since I put it on way too thick, it is better for him to do it himself.

As of this moment, the walls are all painted, except for the master bath which still needs some help.  Two walls have been partially removed and one doorway is now a wall - interesting process.  All the woodwork has been cleaned and the carpet layers have completed one full day of work.  The docks are in and level and eventually we will get out on the lake. 

Till later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home