Monday, June 14, 2010

A Weekend To Celebrate

Sorry this took me so long to publish... I spent one day sobering up from Sunday's celebration (I still say I had a bug) and another with poor reception due to one more overcast day in Minnesota, and then I was just plain lazy one night, and then I had problems loading pictures and finally drove into Cleveland looking for better reception and still couldn't get a good signal so I called Verizon and ...(think of those dots as unladylike language). Anyway, this is the best I can do right now cuz I am running out of battery power.


On Saturday, we celebrated Mac's graduation. Since I have already done all kinds of bragging about him, I won't do any more of that. Instead I will show you a couple of pictures of our South Dakota family. This is Mike with the youngest great grandchild, Lyric. And I actually got a picture of the whole family; not easy with a one and four year old. We are so proud of these parents and the changes they have been able to make in their lives! What a beautiful family!
Sunday was a milestone birthday for Mike and we decided it would be a good day to invite old and new friends (and family, too) and celebrate. An unheard of thing happened... I took less than 20 pictures all day long - too busy having fun. But here is a sampling of the day.

Before people arrived, Mike relaxed, and even wondered aloud, "What if nobody shows up?"


while I got ready to park cars.

10 bottles of wine were chilling and 6 cases of beer were on ice. Let the fun begin!



It didn't take long. Even though Mike had requested no cards and gifts - a few people couldn't resist. Of course, Mike had to model. I am sure that the boob earmuffs will be just as useful as the "oldtimer" fishing pole ...

As I looked around the group of people that gathered that day, I was reminded of an old Seinfeld episode where George was talking about different groups of friends meeting and said "worlds collide, it is not good when two worlds collide." We had many different "worlds" join us on Sunday, and it seemed to work just fine... I didn't see or hear any signs of a collision.

There were people from Nicollet that Mike has known for a long long time and nephews and nieces and sons and a daughter-in-law.

And there were friends we have only known a short time enjoying the day with people Mike has known for over 40 years.

There were friends from racing days and from work days and great friends from "nowadays".
And there was an opportunity for two sets of friends to renew acquaintance with each other.

Thanks to everyone who attended; sorry I didn't get more pictures. Please know that you are important to us!


The only downside to the day was that Bob was not feeling up to joining us outside. Several people stopped over at the house to say hi and he told us later that it sounded like a great party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home