Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer Home Part III - We Face East!

Of course I knew our house faced east when we bought it... but I didn't really know what that meant.  What it means is that I am now an early riser!  We moved into the house last Wednesday and I have seen the sun rise every day since then.  Yes, our bedroom has two windows facing east and it is nearly impossible to not, at least, glance out the window.  On several days, I have grabbed my camera.
 
 
One day, it was the clouds...
 
 
 
 





Another day, it was the fog,

 




And an unexpected eye to eye confrontation with a big old beaver.






Yet another day, it was an interesting cloud bank that caught my eye.  Yes, each early morning is unique and I can't let any pass.


On Memorial Weekend, Suz came to visit.  In anticipation of her visit, I made a trip to Detroit Lakes and picked up a few things.  When I was at Menards, I could not resist the plant section and bought a rhubarb plant to put in the ground.  Well, on Saturday morning, Suz helped Mike start the digger


and I supervised.  It wasn't long before the spot for the rhubarb plant was sixteen feet long and four feet wide!  Needless to say, Suz and I headed for Perham and bought some more plants.  I now have a garden with tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, radishes, onions and Zinnias.  Oh yea, and let's not forget those three potatoes that were planted on Good Friday - they are nearly a foot high and really needed to get out of the pot. 


When work was done, we headed for the lake - maiden voyage.



Goose Family were also out on the lake.


We decided our place looked pretty good from the water and the boat looks really good by the dock.



Speaking of good looking things, Miss Sharon has found a home on the deck.


This is loon point - I just made up the name because it always sounds like the loon calls are coming from that location.


While on the lake, we explored a bit and sure enough Mike spotted a loon protecting her nest.



Her nest is by the short stump on the right.  That is our place in the background.


Yes, there was some wildlife on the deck as well as in the lake.



And Mike caught a nice bass on his first cast. And


For the most part, we took the weekend off.  Like bumps on a log, we sat around and enjoyed life. 


Suz may not necessarily agree with that - we had her up early and she helped with a lot of little things that needed doing... Okay, we worked but not as feverishly.  Thanks, Suz, for helping us realize that entertaining at the lake is going to be pretty laid back and lots of fun!  It was fun having you as our first guest.


More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home