Monday, November 03, 2008

Mansions and Palaces

Here in Branson, Mo, there is one of each and we went to both this past weekend.

At the Mansion, we saw THE PROMISE. As you would expect, it is the story of Jesus life on earth. The young man who played the devil and one who portrayed Jesus both had exceptional performances. The rest of the characters were good, but not fantastic. The scenery was simple and served the purpose. I did not have my camera along so there are no pictures to share, but you all know the story and can use your imaginations. The cruxifiction was memorable and the resurrection brought the entire audience to their feet. I would recommend it. I took these pictures of the building and the sign the following day.







One day we went to see the Osmond Brothers Spirit of Christmas. Photography is not permitted at this show since it may be telecast, but this is a look at the lobby of the theater. They do go all out in this town to decorate.

On Sunday after church we tried another buffet which turned out to be the same. I think we are done with that type of dining - it may be cheap but icky and nasty describe our experiences. From there we went to The Palace - a photographers delight (yes, Bobbi, I will definitely go back with you). Butterflies in a rain forest setting made for a wonderful two hours - we left when I hit 100 pictures - Mike said that was plenty! But, I know I could have spent several more hours. Here is a sampling of what we saw.










This was a "living" statue. She posed for 30 minutes at a time, changing looks every 10 minutes.








I loved this Palace and you will see more of the butterfly photos in the coming weeks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home