Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Am So Thankful!

I am so thankful to be out of that nasty park in Rockport and into the Padre Island National Seashore Park! When we visited here on Monday, I met a lady on the beach who told me about the campground and yada yada yada, we are now residents. The park does not have hookups but the views are fabulous and the price is definitely right - $4 a night.


Mike and I have walked on the beach and checked out our surroundings.


We talked to a fellow who had just caught a black tail shark - that is now Mike's goal.

This fellow is absolutely a dedicated fisherman. I can see Terry doing this if he lived in this area. Notice, he is wading with line in hand while three more lines, launched from the roof, are also in the water - evidently no limit to the number of lines around here. Our new neighbors seem to like us. At least they came out to greet us...



I found Drew Carey's glasses on the beach yesterday.This is a picture of our home taken from the shore.

And this is the view from our park.



As I watched the sun rise over the Gulf of Mexico this morning, I thought of all the many things for which I am thankful. I am most thankful for family and friends who stay in touch with us, but I am also thankful for the strangers we meet who enrich our lives in small ways. And I am thankful for this bountiful and beautiful earth that we get to enjoy at every turn. Thank you, my Lord and Creator, for everything!

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home