Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Past Week

There have been a few hours on the water this week and several hours on the backroads of Minnesota. Does anyone remember the old Hamm's Beer commercial... In The Land Of Sky Blue Waters...

I can spend hours just watching the water and daydreaming... And I am proud to say I have done just that this past week.

And I have been over to see mom a couple of times. On Tuesday Mike and I met Judy and Gary from Cleveland for a game of golf at Straight River Golf Course over by Faribault. It was a refreshing and relaxing morning spent with friends. And after lunch, we went to Kenyon. From Red Wing there are many ways to get to Kenyon and I think we have taken them all in the last couple of weeks. I love the countryside this time of the year; the corn is almost ready to be picked and the soybeans are drying up quickly. Ahhhh and the barns and old buildings always draw my interest.

I know this must have meant something to the person who painted it, I just wonder what that something was...



This one looks good in "negative", don't you think?



Today, Mike and I took MN 19 to Goodhue Co. 7 to Co.9 to MN 56 and ended up having a fine afternoon with my brothers, Anita and mom. Many of you ask regularly "How is your mom?" Although there isn't any easy answer, I will tell you that she made a dessert for today and refrigerator pickles and supervised the roast that Jim put in the oven. Supper was very good. And then I will show you...

Mom by her zinnias,

with the inlaws, (Monica was upnorth with her mom so missed the gathering)

and with the kids.


When Jim and Monica and Mike and I head out of state in a short time, Rich will once again be the primary caregiver for mom. I hope he knows how much I appreciate him, even though I don't always agree with him.

Isn't mom a beautiful lady? 91... sometimes I wonder if I will ever get close to that and if I do what I will be like...

On the way home, we were treated to a fabulous sunset.



Next week, we are off to The Great Minnesota State Fair - I'm excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home