Sunday, November 04, 2012

Theodore Roosevelt Lake

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post and in that time we have moved to the village of Roosevelt, Arizona.  There is a bait shop/marine repair, post office and bar/gas station/cafe/convenience store.  Oh, and I think I spotted a white steeple down the road aways.  The town of Roosevelt is 20 miles from Globe and they have everything we need; an ELCA church and a Walmart. 

Our time here has been taken up with boating - sightseeing and fishing and fishing and sightseeing. I have taken hundreds of pictures; I will share just a few. 

This is what I saw as we made our way from New Mexico to Globe, Arizona

via the Salt River Canyon.  After I took this picture through the windshield I decided I better keep my eyes on the road and not the scenery.


When we landed at Spring Creek Resort in Roosevelt, it didn't take us long to get the boat in the water.  There are two things that you immediately notice when you are on Roosevelt Lake - the highway 188 bridge


and bass boats.  There are two kinds of boats on the these waters, bass boats and bigger faster bass boats.  Since we have a good old Lund from the midwest, we stand out! 


Oh yes, and you have to notice the great big beautiful red mountains. 


Those mountains look very different at different hours of the day - oh yea, and there are bass, too!



But, it is those red mounds of rock and sand that hold my interest the longest. 


That is when I am not pointing out unique saguaros, of which there are many!



Anyway, you get the idea.  Sightseeing is truly remarkable and fishing is fine.  We are having huge fun exploring with the boat.  And if you think Roosevelt Lake was pretty cool, wait until I take time to add some pictures of Apache Lake...

Tomorrow Bonnie and Barry will arrive and join us in our water explorations for a few days - stay tuned.

P.S.  "Pray.  Vote.  Pray."  That was the message from the pastor today.  Pray to make a good decision.  Exercise your right to vote.  Pray for whoever gets elected - that all elected officials are guided by God.  It was a very powerful sermon and he managed to walk middle ground extremely well - we left having no idea for whom he will vote...  I never have been one to take the middle ground, so get out and vote Democratic!