Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Morning Update




I am hard at work this morning... And since I have only had one "customer" in my opening hour, I decided to make good use of time and do an update.



Last week, we went to see Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. It is a dinner show and the entire meal is "finger food" - no it is not appetizers, it is a full meal that you eat without utensils; soup, a whole little chicken, corn on the cob, half of a baked potato, and apple turnover for desert. It was a feast with a very good show thrown in. No, Dolly wasn't there, but nonetheless it was against policy to take pictures so what you see is the outside of the theater.
(I don't know the people on the steps, but it gives you an idea of the size of the building.)



We also went to see Shoji's Christmas Show. As usual, his theater is so decorated, it would take an hour to see it all; I've decided I will go back sometime to just take pictures. Sorry these pics of the show are blurred, I wasn't using flash. These Santas were moving quickly.



And Shoji changed jackets at least 8 times during the performance; one was flashier than the next one. He and his violin are always good entertainment. But the glitz is really amazing!








There is always something to do in Branson (I sound like a commercial, don't I). There was an FLW Bass Fishing Tournament this past week - we went to look at the boats and for the amateur weigh-in. If you are into this kind of thing, it was (or will be) televised. Mike is posing by his dream boat... it is on his Christmas List...







"Branson Does Not Forget Its Veterans" is the banner that you see all over town this week. From November 5 through Veteran's Day on November 11, the town has opened its collective door to all Veterans. Many of the shows are free to Vets, there are all kinds of exhibits at the Convention Center and each day there is a free lunch for Vets with spouses paying only $4. And the meal comes complete with entertainment; some of the best acts in Branson entertain. This 10-year old girl is one of the Country Tonight performers and does she have a voice. I think she looks like my great niece Lauren.

This local school group sang some patriotic songs and it made me miss the Veteran's Day Celebration that was always held at North Branch Primary School when I was there (I here my predecessor has not continued the tradition).




A couple of WWII Vets from MN share a story - Mike introduced them.



The band from Fort Leonard Wood performed by one of the outlet malls on a cool dreary afternoon but the music was inspiring.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home