Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's December

And we are getting a little anxious to see family at Christmas and then be heading south where it is truly warm... these last few days have been very very cold and I am getting sick of it - I know I am becoming a wimp, but I can't help it, I just don't like the cold any more.

The reason it was cold is because Bobbi and David came to visit; David is notorious for bringing cold and snow no matter where he goes. Mike could tell you about a time they went fishing up north in early October and it snowed... but that is a different story.

It was wonderful to see our Up North friends and to spend time with them and David's mother, Lois. This shows them by their Suite on Wheels. However, while they were in MO, they stayed in the warmth of rental units.


We went to see a couple of shows, enjoyed several meals together, did some shopping, drove around looking at lights, and I think everyone had a good time. Bobbi took this picture of me catching a roll at the "throwed rolls" restaurant - it is fun, but the food was not good this time.


Of course, we had to take them to see Andy Williams and I was ready with my camera. He turns 81 on Dec 3rd, at least that is what someone told me. He still looks and sounds pretty good, it you ask me.



Since Bobbi and I both love photography, we had to visit the Butterfly Palace and this one seemed to like her hand.


There are light displays everywhere in Branson. These were found out on Indian Point. I liked these two characters...

Patriotism is evident even in the light displays.

When our friends left late Monday morning, Mike took his new clubs and went golfing - actually it was 35 degrees with a wind chill factor making it 25 and we both were anxious to try out the new clubs so we went to the local Par 3 course. I lasted until hole 5 and then went and talked to the guy in the office; he thought Mike was crazy! (The new clubs are really nice, but it is hard to hold a golf club with gloves on your hands.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home