Sunday, February 01, 2009

Days At The Shop

When I was a little girl, I spent many "days at the shop". My dad had a tire shop on main street and I was there every day when I was little. Before I entered school, I would take naps in the tire piles. Once I entered school, I would often go to the shop after school and sweep the floor or just hang out. During the summer, I spent many "days at the shop". It always felt safe at the shop and I have very good memories from that shop.

This past week, Mike and I had the opportunity to hang around and spend a couple of "days at the shop". It certainly wasn't the tire shop from my childhood, but it was a place where I felt safe and where we were treated well. It is the kind of place where customers and employees are treated respectfully.

Redlands Truck Service in Redlands, CA is owned by Keith Shoemaker and his sister, Karen. I really don't know who does the hiring, but whoever does certainly has a knack for finding good people who are customer oriented.


As many of you know, our motorhome has been giving us problems since last spring. Well, we are now confident that it is fixed ... I know that is a bold statement to make, but it is true. The crew put in a couple of sensors and played around with the computer and ... can you tell I really have no idea what they did... BUT, all I know is that it runs good, even up the hills and with the cruise on! Here she is all fixed and ready to roll.


This a Keith posing for my ever present camera, pretty clean shop in the background.

We are out of the first stall and they are ready for the next customer.


Of course, the repairs cost more that I wanted them to, but than so does gas and bread and wine and ... well, you get the idea. Bottom line, MH is better, Mike is happy and we are down the road again. It really is OK to spend "days at the shop" when you are treated well and when there are favorable results!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know this is an old old post but, I couldn't resist. When I saw your title it made me think of my days at the shop. Reading further. . .my days were also spent in my dad's tire shop. . .in Redlands.

Side-tracted. I came here because am planning a trip to Monument Valley, and environs. I'll get back to that now. Thanks for the memories.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home