Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Other NewsI

As most of you know, I tripped over my own two feet a week ago Sunday and shattered one of the bones in my right arm and dislocated the other bone in my elbow... it has been a real learning experience. Today is the first day that I have not taken pain meds and the first day I am actually trying to type two-handed - my fingers work fine but the cast makes it a challenge.

Thanks to Bobby for keeping people informed and to all of you who sent well wishes via the phone or email. Thanks Rich and Adrienne for stopping out yesterday with wine in hand and thanks to Sandra for delivering supper today- homemade soup and beer bread - YUM.


So, back to the learning experience...I challenge each of you to spend a day using the arm, that is not your preference, for absolutely everything! The whole morning bathroom routine of brushing your teeth, combing your hair (don't even think of fixing them), and ... you know... takes on a whole new perspective when you do it with "the wrong hand"! Showering is a major event in our household starting with Mike wrapping the arm in saran wrap...


Well, you get the idea - life is interesting! I thank God that it was only my elbow that was injured and not a knee or hip, ankle or shoulder ... I can make this work... but I may end up with a pretty funny tan this summer.

We are fortunate to have this wonderful "pondside" campsite which provides relaxation and entertainment. The mamas and not so little babies put on a parade several times a day. Here Corky enjoys the Memorial Day Weekend by doing some fishing and the guys try to get organized... for fishing.



We did manage to get pots planted and delivered to the cemataries on Saturday and we attended the annual memorial service at St. Michael's Cemetary where my dad's grave is located (in the far right corner of this picture). And Janet came out with the munchkin... who really does seem to appreciate my flowers.
So, all is well in our world - or at least getting better every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home