Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quail Creek State Park

Just around the corner from our Western Horizon Park, just north of St. George Utah is the beautiful Quail Creek State Park Campground. For just $13 a night, we get to enjoy the beauty of the mountains, the creek and the reservoir. Believe me, we have wanted our boat here every day.

This will probably sound strange to some, but I feel like I am on vacation. Years ago when Mike and I first hooked up, I introduced him to tent camping and we enjoyed areas just like this on weekends throughout the summer. We do not have electricity or water or sewer hookup - we are dry camping, just like we did years ago when tenting. And, unlike the dry camping we do at Quartzite each year, we are not with lots of friends, it is just us. When we do turn on the generator, we cannot get any local channels so watching TV is very limited. We have been cooking outside and doing dishes outside and just sitting and enjoying the weather and mountains and water and sky and I have finished two books and Mike has wet a line a few times ... well, it feels like I am on vacation! And I am enjoying it!


This was the view from the MH just before the sun peaked over the mountain this morning. (I know, I couldn't believe I was up that early either!)


Here Mike is using the picnic area outside our door to get ready for a bit of fishing.


On my morning walk, I spotted all kinds of shrubs and flowers enjoying the early morning sunshine.





And this is the MH from the walking path. As you can see, it is fairly private and very quiet.



This is just upstream from where this beautiful trout hung out. Mike tried everything in his arsenal to get him to bite, but nothing worked. Maybe he was just looking for some hand tied flys... what do you think Barry and Dan? (If you click on this picture, you can actually see the fish pretty good.)


Well, more on another day - I just got the low battery signal from my computer - another sign of "roughing it".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home