Friday, April 22, 2011

The Road to Easter



It is Good Friday and this day always elicits strong feelings for me. It is dreary outside and somehow that seems appropriate. For Christians, this is a solemn and somber day; the day in which Jesus was crucified. Lent is the road to Easter; Easter is when Jesus is risen from the dead. Since Lent began on Ash Wednesday, many changes have taken place. Obviously we have moved from one location to another; sunny southern California to gloomy South Dakota. But besides that we have let go... I let go of a couple of pounds (not nearly enough but it is a start). We have begun to let go of our gypsy lifestyle by thinking about becoming homeowners. And we let go of a friendship with Bobbi and David... don't know if that is good or bad or permanent or temporary, but it is a change.



And so, our road to Easter hasn't just involved a long drive on I 80 but a time of reflection and growth. As all gardeners know, if there isn't change, there isn't growth and without growth, there isn't life.



So enough introspection! Tomorrow we are going up to Watertown to spend the weekend with Brian's family. As I was thinking about seeing everyone, I remembered that Megan used to LOVE homemade buns so when I got up this morning, I actually baked bread - something I have not done for years!

Then I decided to color some eggs. When I was a little girl, mom used crepe paper and vinegar (and rubber gloves) to color eggs. They looked like stained glass windows when finished and I can still see how beautiful they were. Today, due to new and improved crepe paper, the color doesn't run so I had to resort to little tablets.

The results are still colorful and joyous!


Without Good Friday, we couldn't have Easter. Without change, we wouldn't have life.


May you enjoy a Blessed Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home