Wednesday, December 10, 2008

IT SNOWED TODAY!

And Missouri shuts down when it snows ... doesn't matter that it was less than an inch... there were 20 schools closed in the area and lots of accidents covered by the local channels. I was out and about around 8 am and shot a few pictures around the park.

My sandals didn't get any use today, but I understand it will be almost 60 by the weekend, so I am not putting them away just yet.


Three sections of the park are closed for the season; classy way to communicate that...


Barely a trace of snow left at 8 am.




To our Minnesota friends, it sure doesn't look like much does it?! But snow is definitely an event in this state!


On a happier note, my dear friend Suzanne visited this past weekend and we had a wonderful time shopping and "showing". One of our stops was the bathrooms at Shoji's - really the best part of that show, in my opinion. This is one of the rooms in the ladies restroom.

In another section of the ladies room, you find this full size Father Christmas. You see a couple of open stalls in the background.

Suz is about to wash her hands. Fresh orchids adorn each sink...





One of the highlights was the Adoration Parade... OK, so we didn't see it because it was just plain too cold to stand outside and wait for it to come our way. But, we did try to see it and when we changed plans, we picked up Mike, went to an Italian Cafe, shared a bottle of wine and overall, had a very good time!!! And then, with half a buzz, went to see The Spirit of Chistmas with the Osmonds, which really is one of the better ones in town.


It was wonderful to have Suz here. I enjoyed girl time and shopping time. She couldn't resist this "stag" down by Branson Landing. I am already looking forward to summer, when hopefully she and I will get to spend more time together.

AND... I am looking forward to warmer weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home