Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It Was A Summer of Smiles!

Our time in Minnesota has drawn to a close and we are now parked in a campground in southern Colorado - we are heading to New Mexico.  Mike is pulling the boat behind the motorhome and I am driving the car.  That is an adventure in itself - I have never driven over mountains in the 9,500 to 10,900 foot range.  We will arrive at our first New Mexico State Park tomorrow and we are looking forward to a fall of fishing the reservoirs of the southwest. 

As I look back on the summer, a great big old smile comes across my face. We had a wonderful fun filled summer - take a look at some of our adventures...

We enjoyed Gary's driving and Judy's hospitality!



Barry actually caught a fish when they visited us this summer...

We golfed with Lael and Doug and I got a Birdie... okay, so it was in the rafters at the clubhouse, but I figure it still counts.

 
This little munchkin visited the motorhome a few times and each time it was a joy!



You have to smile at the curiosity and discovery of the young.


It is hard to tell which of of these two have more imagination!


Giggles and grandkids go together!


Mike picked a pretty weed for me one day - that is certainly reason to smile!


Signs at a campground in Wisconsin made me grin.



I have never noticed these "surprise lilies" before this year - they are so bizarre and appear so suddenly you just have to take note.


Sometimes things just make sense!


Thinking about my ancestors makes me wonder and appreciate who I am and how my great grandparents struggled to make it all work in the "new country".


Everything about the river trip makes me smile!!!


 
Fooling around in the boat was fun! 


Our lodging by the train tracks was fun - great porch for social hours!


Touring the homes on the river was fun! I think we could live in this one...


The fog over the river made for an absolutely beautiful picture - right from our bedroom window.


The dinners and most especially the people were FUN!


Our leader, Doug, deserves a round of applause for putting it all together.


I have no idea where I got this picture or who it is - but I like it and it makes me smile!


We enjoyed a day with Elmer and Delores; spending time with these two is always fun.


Many Thursday nights were spent in the company of this motley crew...



I admired this mushroom bird which Sharon painted, ran out of money before I could buy it at the craft show and then received it as a gift... I smile when I look at it - fits right in on my desk.


I entered a few photographs in a couple of different fairs and received several ribbons including a champion on these pictures which I took at the border crossing in Mexico a couple years ago.


I don't know this woman either...  but it appears she may have had tooooo much to drink!!!


And then at the end of summer comes Cousin's weekend and this one was definitely a success. From beginning to end it was filled with smiling women... and food!



(Don't know the one with the scarf on)
 


These have to be some of the worst pictures ever - but the smiles tell the story - we enjoyed our activities and each other's company. Ok, here is a better picture.


And then there is this one...